Benefits of a CRM
CRM (Customer Relationship Management) offers many benefits to organisations, enabling them to manage their ongoing engagement and interaction with customers, prospects and partners.
Microsoft Dynamics CRM and Dynamics 365 puts the customer at front and centre of an organisation’s strategy. How can businesses benefit from CRM? It helps them to better understand their customers so that they can anticipate needs and shape personalised offerings. By having a single customer view, organisations can collaborate, share customer knowledge and maximise sales, marketing and service efficiencies.
Adopting future-proof CRM technology can deliver numerous benefits to multiple teams:
- Marketing teams can plan targeted campaigns, integrate, deploy and track multi-channel marketing plans and control ROI. By better understanding prospect and customer behaviour and responses can enhance customer loyalty and generate increased awareness and leads for the sales function. By integrating with marketing automation platforms, marketing teams can bring together all their efforts, nurture and develop prospects in order to hand over quality leads to their sales colleagues
- Sales teams can proactively manage their sales opportunity pipeline, collaborate with marketing colleagues and share information with after-sales support team, in the office or out in the field.
- After sales support and service management teams can tailor and improve customer experience and manage the entire customer relationship; including technical fault reporting, intervention planning, requests for information etc.
A CRM solution has various benefits to an organisation:
- Easy access to customer details in real time
- Track, analyse and act on customer trends
- Increasing customer satisfaction and loyalty
- More easily manage the conversion of prospects to customers
- Help teams such as sales, marketing, service, maintenance and projects collaborate more effectively
- Improve sales performance through pipeline management, up sell and cross sell
Microsoft Dynamics CRM (Dynamics 365) is available either on-premise or on the cloud.